I had hoped that turning 25 would bring with it a sense of responsibility. A month in and I’m disappointed to say that it has not. All I seem to be doing is getting a year older, but hardly any wiser.
I had hoped that by 25, I would know what I wanted to do with my life. Needless to say, I’ve missed that deadline. At 5, I wanted to be a pilot. At 15, I wanted to be a doctor. Now, at 25, I just want to do something that makes me happy. I am yet to figure out what.
Insurance rates have dropped though, so at least I’ve got that going for me.
Austin City Limits!
A trip filled with bad driving, good company, high spirits (Flaming Dr. Pepper!) and great music.
List of bands seen:
– Gramatik – dubstep. My first live experience with the bass being dropped.
– Phantogram – electronic, chill. Dat energy. Dat voice. Dat girl.
– Imelda May – Bri-ish rockabilly (huh, I never knew the name for this genre – thank you Wikipedia). Always a pleasure to stumble upon someone you have never heard of before and be completely surprised by the music produced. Superb performance.
– Chromeo – electronic, funk, dance. A friend described their music as Daft Punk + Dire Straits. That alone got me sufficiently excited to listen to these guys. He could not have been more wrong, though. I never considered myself a huge fan of all out dance music but damned if I wasn’t totally blown away. These guys were a trip.
– Pearl Jam – That most of these guys were pushing 50 didn’t stop them from bringing the house down. That Vedder kept toasting the crowd and taking swigs from a conveniently placed bottle of wine only served to help bring the house down. Good ol’.
Mild potato quality pictures coming up
Here’s to you, Austin. May you remain young, effervescent, drunk, and insane.
A happy birthday, indeed *hic*
UPDATE: Well what do you know, Amazon did have toothpicks in stock!