… for doing 40 on a 30mph zone. Looks like they’ll ticket just about anything nowadays. Not that my driving has significantly improved, still..
I blame Robert Plant’s vocals on Babe I’m Gonna Leave You and the prospect of thulping keera molagutal made by a thamizh maami for dinner. Damn you home-made South Indian food!
Austin City Limits!
A trip filled with bad driving, good company, high spirits (Flaming Dr. Pepper!) and great music.
List of bands seen:
– Gramatik – dubstep. My first live experience with the bass being dropped.
– Phantogram – electronic, chill. Dat energy. Dat voice. Dat girl.
– Imelda May – Bri-ish rockabilly (huh, I never knew the name for this genre – thank you Wikipedia). Always a pleasure to stumble upon someone you have never heard of before and be completely surprised by the music produced. Superb performance.
– Chromeo – electronic, funk, dance. A friend described their music as Daft Punk + Dire Straits. That alone got me sufficiently excited to listen to these guys. He could not have been more wrong, though. I never considered myself a huge fan of all out dance music but damned if I wasn’t totally blown away. These guys were a trip.
– Pearl Jam – That most of these guys were pushing 50 didn’t stop them from bringing the house down. That Vedder kept toasting the crowd and taking swigs from a conveniently placed bottle of wine only served to help bring the house down. Good ol’.
Mild potato quality pictures coming up
Here’s to you, Austin. May you remain young, effervescent, drunk, and insane.
A happy birthday, indeed *hic*
UPDATE: Well what do you know, Amazon did have toothpicks in stock!